Nowadays Openstack became a part of the cloud toolkit for many companies because of its trending features.
OpenStack is a cloud operating system that controls large pools of computing, storage, and networking resources throughout a data center, and it is all managed through a dashboard that gives administrators control and provides their users to deploy resources through a web interface. It is a free and open-source platform and mostly deployed as an infrastructure-as-a-server(IaaS). It was created during the year 2010 and the latest release is the Ocata. OpenStack is a project that consists of interconnected components with specific services like Dashboard, Compute, Networking, Object storage, Identity service, Image service, Telemetry, Orchestration.
Key components of OpenStack
- HORIZONPurpose: Dashboard
A web-based management user interfaces like launching instances, managing networking and setting access controls.
- NOVAPurpose: Compute
A service that used to provision the Virtual machines on-demand and managed the machines on each node.
- NEUTRONPurpose: Networking
OpenStack interfaces are interconnected with this service. The users can create their own networks, control traffics and connects servers to other networks.
- SWIFTPurpose: Object storage
It allows users to store and retrieve files and objects. Swift architecture is distributed to allow horizontal scaling and to provide redundancy as failure-proofing.
- CINDERPurpose: Block storage
It manages storage volumes for virtual machines. This is a persistent block storage of instances running in nova.
- KEYSTONEPurpose: Identity management
A centralized identity service that provides authentication authorization for users.
- GLANCE:Purpose: Image service
Glance allows images(or virtual copies) of hard disks to be used as templates when deploying new virtual machines instances.
- CEILOMETERPurpose: Telemetry services
It provides billing services and usage reporting and metering about the users in the OpenStack.
- HEATPurpose: Orchestration component
It manages the infrastructure needed for a cloud service to run by allowing developers to store requirements of a cloud application in a file that defines what resources are necessary for that application.
- Open-sourceIt works in operating systems like;
Windows, Solaris, ESXi, Linux (including Centos, Debian, Fedora, HP’s Helian OS,open SUSE, RHEL, Scientific Linux, SLES and Ubuntu) and we can modify the Openstack according to your growing needs
- Openstack Development supportOpenstack gets development supports from many prestigious companies like Intel, IBM, AL&T, Cisco, Redhat, Dell, Ubuntu, and so on.
- An array of services for different tasksIt provides different services for different cloud computing tasks by using, Neutron, Nova, Cinder, Glance, Trove, Keystone, Swift, Ironic, Horizon, Heat, Mistral, Ceilometer, Sahara, Zaqar, Barbican, Manila, Designate, Searchlight, etc.
- Easy to manage and access OpenstackOpenStack provides different way of access like;
API’s for programmers
Hence we are concluding that the Openstack has more relevant features and reduced cost you can decrease your workload by using this tool. It provides you with exceptionally high-quality solutions for your private, public, and hybrid clouds hence we are suggesting you use Openstack for getting a better experience.