PHP is the most used coding language in web-industry. There are lots of issue a developer faces if the process that handles PHP is not configured spotless by server management team. We at skynats are provision in doing the same
Issue – Failed to read session data
The issue is noticed mostly while the session in php not working like login etc. The usual received error is as below
" PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_cfiolpjscig0kc1n7j798vplaj, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/lib/php/session) "
Cause – Failed to read session data
There can be more than one cause to this issue here are some
- Error is the misconfiguration of PHP process.
- Additional conf files for the PHP process.
Resolution – Failed to read session data
To solve this follow the below steps
- Check session_handler parameter in the PHP process handler.
- Check if the file location is present and has the right permission.
- Correct the permission of the file location according to the PHP process handler