Rescue Mode is a useful feature provided by OVH that allows you to boot your server into a minimal operating system in case of critical issues. Here’s how to enable Rescue Mode for your OVH server:
- Log in to your OVH account: Go to the OVH website (https://www.ovh.com) and log in using your credentials.
- Access the Control Panel: After logging in, click on the “My Account” drop-down menu at the top-right corner of the page. Then select “Control Panel” from the available options.
- Navigate to Server Management: In the Control Panel, locate and click on “Dedicated” or “Servers” depending on how OVH labels it.
- Select your Server: From the list of your dedicated servers, select the one on which you want to enable Rescue Mode.
- Rescue Mode: In the server management interface, look for the “Rescue Mode” option. It is usually located under the “Reboot” or “Boot” section.
- Enable Rescue Mode: Click on the “Rescue Mode” option, and you will be presented with a list of available rescue modes. Choose the appropriate one for your needs (e.g., “rescue-pro” or “rescue64”).
- Confirm and Reboot: After selecting the rescue mode, confirm your choice, and OVH will reboot your server into Rescue Mode.
- Access Rescue Mode: Once the server is rebooted, you will receive an email from OVH with the necessary information to access the Rescue Mode environment. It typically includes an IP address, username, password, and instructions.
- Perform Maintenance or Troubleshooting: You can now access your server in Rescue Mode to perform maintenance tasks, recover data, or troubleshoot any issues affecting the regular boot of your server.
Remember that OVH’s interfaces and procedures might change over time, so it’s always a good idea to refer to their official documentation or contact their support if you encounter any difficulties.