The Winsock error 10061 occurs when the user tries to connect to the currently inactive service on the foreign host which is not running the server software.
We often get a request from our clients to fix the Winsock error 10061 error as a part of our server management services plan with 24/7 technical support.
Main reasons for Winsock error 10061
- It’s due to the incorrect port to connect, full server, misconfigured server.
- Poor internet connection.
- The inactive server on the destination server
- Connecting with the wrong host.
- The anti-virus or firewall software on the system connection will block the connection.
- Corrupted registry.
Steps to fix Winsock error 10061
First, check whether an internet connection is properly working or not.
Ensure that the firewall is not blocking the Winsock connection. Usually, the firewall is used to block unauthorized access to the system.
Steps to unblock the Winsock
- You need to locate the firewall in the navigation bar.
- Later, right-click and select the “Exception list “.
- In the exception list, try to add the Winsock (if it is not displayed)
- Quickly run the scan and check the potential threat by using the anti-virus.
- Clean out the registry using the registry cleaner to scan through the part of pc to repair the damages if required.
- Verify whether the host is resolved to the corresponding IP address.
- Then check whether the port is open and listening.
- Ensure that you will use the port less than the 65535.
- After that make sure the service is connected to all IP addresses and check the ISP allows the outbound traffic on port 25.
- If still get an error try to disable the firewall or anti-virus software and reconnect it.
There are various reasons for Winsock error 10061 follow all the steps if requires you can take the assistance of our technical team support for further clarification. Contact now.