To change the timezone on a cPanel or WHM (Web Host Manager) server, you typically need to adjust the server’s timezone settings via SSH or WHM itself. Here are the steps to change the time zone:
Option 1: Using WHM (Web Host Manager)
- Log in to WHM as the root user.
- In the search bar at the top left of WHM, type “Change Time Zone” and select the option that appears.
- Choose the desired time zone from the drop-down list.
- Click the “Change Timezone” button to apply the changes.
Option 2: Using SSH (Command Line):
- Log in to the server using SSH as the root user.
- Run the following command to list available timezones:
3. Find the time zone that you want to set and note down its name.
4. Run the following command to set the desired timezone (replace Your_Timezone with the actual timezone)
timedatectl set-timezone Your_Timezone
5. Verify that the timezone has been changed by running:
Note: The above steps assume that you have root access to the server. If you’re not comfortable with these changes, it’s recommended to consult your hosting provider or server administrator for assistance to avoid any potential issues.
After making the changes, the new timezone should be applied to the server, affecting system time and applications that rely on the system’s timezone setting. Keep in mind that changing the timezone might affect scheduled tasks, logs, and other time-sensitive processes, so it’s a good idea to consider the potential implications before making the change.